Job seekers always look for new ways to secure their look. With the advent of social media, lots of marketing tricks have come up in the market that is still not known to many.
In this competitive world, recruiters are hunting for the updated talent with presence on the social media platforms. What else can be the best platform than the LinkedIn?
Recruiters look for the LinkedIn profiles continuously in order to find the best match for their needs and expectations. It saves their time as they don’t have to go for off campus interviews.
Hiring new talent through LinkedIn builds their strong connection online and helps them to expand their horizon as well.
If you are seriously searching for a job but you are not on LinkedIn then its high-time you should join this platform and enhance your chances of being found.
The golden rule to getting hired through LinkedIn is to keep your profile page updated all the time and define your skills and expertise in such a way that your name comes across almost all of the specifications that the recruiters are looking for.
You can do some research on this platform and find that you are not alone in this race. There are thousands of thousands of people who have joined this platform and share similar interests as yours. You need to figure out some things that can highlight you in the crowd.
You need to understand few things to make your profile outshine. We are here with 10 LinkedIn profile tips that will help you stand out in crowd. Here we go…
- Do not accept the requests from everyone. Be selective and create your own group.
- Do not forget to update your posts and profile page on a regular basis.
- Do not post unnecessary stuff on your profile as it irritates the recruiters.
- Get endorsements. There is nothing in this digital marketing world if you don’t get endorsements. Getting endorsed by people is a sign that you are worth hiring for any job.
- Get recommendations. Once there was a time when recruiters preferred hiring people with 3 recommendations. The recommendations improve your chances of getting a job.
- Headline should be eye-catching and it should be great enough to catch the recruiter’s attention at the first instance. Highlight your skills like Experienced Product Manager, etc.
- Keep your profile page ready. Your LinkedIn profile page should be 100% complete and free from flaws. Make sure you mention your skills, work exp., expertise, and other personal information.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is the key to getting found easily. Make sure your profile page is optimized as per the SEO so that it ranks on the top on the SERP.
- Upload your professional-looking photo so that recruiters can understand your seriousness at work and hire you.
- You must customize your URL and put your name in the form like linkedin.com/John. This form of customized URL looks more appealing to the recruiters than numbers.